Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Thursday/Friday Haul 2014 | AprilShowers

Hey guys! I just came back from all the Black Friday and Black Thursday sales! Now I only went to three stores, but (in my opinion) I did a lot of damage.

This haul might be boring to some of you as I did not purchase anything makeup for clothing wise, save for a scarf or two. But it's a haul nevertheless lol.

First I hit up Target on Thursday. Target opened at 6pm this year. So my mom and I left to stand in line at 4pm. It was honestly not that bad. The people standing around us were for the most part, pleasant. The Target employees were communicating with the people in line. They even passed out the sample energy cliff bars, maps, and this year they included this give away (it was just a coupon for an ornament but glad they were still thinking of their customers).

The moment 6pm hit, I calmly walking inside. Believe it or not, there were overexcited people standing in line behind us. They even let their 11 year old kid run? That's what can start stampedes. Luckily the Target employees were calmed and told him that if he continued to run, the store would be closed.

At Target, I bought DVDs. They were the DVDs that I either did not have a chance to purchase when they first came out, or movies that I watched many times but did not purchase.

From top to bottom: Noah, American Hustle, Neighbors, Ender's Game, The Dark Knight Rises, Now You See Me, Identity Thief, The Wold of Wall Street, About Time, Despicable ME 2, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Gravity, The Book Thief, Man of Steel, Bridesmaids, The Notebook

I bought a total of 16 movies that ranged from $4 to $9. I like to think that I saved A LOT of money lol.

After spending 15 minutes at Target, I went home and had my Thanksgiving dinner.

The next day, my mom and I headed to Barnes and Noble at 6am. We honestly thought that there was going to be a long line there. Nope. So we were just really early. So we got some Starbucks and hung out in the car since it was too cold outside. After a while, we decided to walk around, so we went to the World Market.

It was cute, there must have been a line since there was a coffee and cookie stand for the customers. Of course the line was gone since the store has probably been open for a while.

There I bought two scarves. There was a buy one get one free on most of their items and the scarves were too pretty to pass up. They were $9.99 each, so it's basically 50% off.
Then we walked deeper into the store and I saw this cute mini shopping cart for $7.99! It's used as a gift basket for mini product samples, but I honestly just wanted the shopping cart. It is probably the best investment I've made so far lol.
Because we spent a certain amount of money at the World Market, we received a free shopping bag, which was a bonus!
After shopping at the World Market, we still had enough time to put our newly bought items into the car. Then we just waited, along with a small crowd of people, for the opening of Barnes and Noble at 8am.

At Barnes and Noble, I did a lot of damage because I bought some of the signed copies that they were selling. Luckily I have a membership and I had three coupons, so I was able to keep the costs down.
Top to Bottom: Four, Eleanor & Park, Silver Shadows, Endgame, The Bane Chronicles, Neil Patrick Harris' Choose Your On Autobiography


I would like to say that this year was a success. I have enough books and DVDs to keep me busy, unfortunately I still have a lot of homework to do.

Anyways, that was how my Black Thursday/Friday was like. How was yours? Did you get everything on your list?

- A.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment