Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Inner Happiness | AprilShowers

Hey guys! I know today's post may seem depressing, but I was just having a bad day, and I thought maybe I can help some of you out there (Wow, this sentence does not make sense, but I'll just roll with it).

So lately, I've been feeling a little depressed. I'm not the only one who notices it, some of my friends do too. Now I wouldn't say I'm typically a happy-go-lucky type of girl, but when my friends start to constantly ask me what's wrong, then it's probably not a good thing. The only problem is, I don't know the real reason why I'm sad (I blame the teenage hormones lol).

Later on, when I was evaluating life (cuz I soooo have the time to do this *note the sarcasm*) I realized that everything's changing. Friendships are shifting. New people are walking into my life, some are walking out. Others are unfortunately staying... And I didn't like all of this. I realized that I craved to go back in time and relive some of my favorite memories. I wanted to go back to a "simpler" time, before my life started to feel so complicated. And as the quote says, "Loneliness is not about how many friends you have, it's about feeling disconnected from the rest of the world." Well that's how I felt, I couldn't just stop and rewind time whenever I felt like it. I had to face the present. Trying to live in a world no matter how much you don't want to really disconnects a person. While you're wallowing in your own sorrows makes you forget how to live.

I know that trying to pull yourself out of a depressed state is difficult (I know, I've tried), it doesn't always hurt to focus on one good thing about your day, no matter how little it is. In order to attain happiness, one does not need to always have better things or more friends, one must find happiness in oneself.

Again, sorry if today's post is a little depressing, but I just had to get this out of my chest. Anyways, thanks for reading guys! Hopefully I'll have a happier post next time (:

- A.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment